The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Physician Order for Scope of Treatment (MI POST)
MI POST is an optional, 1 page, 2-sided medical order with a person's wished for care in a crisis. The intended population is people with serious advanced illness or frailty. MI POST is a part of the advance care planning process that included choices about cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), critical care, and other wanted care. It is intended to guide care only if the person cannot tell others what to do at that time. MI POST is signed by the patient/patient representative and their physician, nurse practitioner, or physician's assistant.
- MDHHS-5836 Michigan Physician Order for Scope of Treatment (MI POST) Form
- MDHHS-5837 MI POST Patient and Family Information Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pending Rulemaking process on the Administrative Rulemaking System (Rule Set # 2021-31 HS).
- Please check back regularly for updates on the rulemaking process, including public hearing notification.