The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Committee on Pediatric Medicine (CoPEM)
(1) This subcommittee shall consist of thirteen (13) individuals representing a broad spectrum of interest groups involved in EMS for Children in the state, to include members prescribed by the Federal EMSC grant and the Division, as well as at-large members. There are to be additional ex-officio members prescribed by the Federal EMS Grant and the Division. Membership is not limited to members of the SEMSCC. Membership of the subcommittee will be recommended by the Bylaws Subcommittee and confirmed by the SEMSCC every three years.
The assigned roles are:
• Nurse with emergency pediatric experience
• Physician with pediatric training
• Emergency Physician
• Emergency medical technician (EMT) or paramedic who is currently a practicing, ground-level prehospital provider
• Family representative
(b) Federal Ex-Officio:
• EMS state agency representative
• EMSC project director
• EMSC grant manager
• TITLE V Maternal Child Health Block Grant Representative
• Michigan Center for Rural Health Representative
• Injury Prevention Representative
• School Nurse Representative
(d) State Ex-Officio:
• EMS Education Coordinator
• State Systems of Care Representative
• Emergency Preparedness Representative
(2) This subcommittee will review and make recommendations to the SEMSCC and the Division regarding activities related to the EMS for Children program in the state.
Staff Subject Matter Expert: Dr. Samantha Mishra MishraS@michigan.gov
Member List: Click Here