The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MDHHS Free Clinic Funding Program
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) administers a grant program for free clinic organizations providing health care services to the uninsured population of Michigan.
Eligible clinics must meet the following criteria:
- The clinic is located within Michigan and provides health care services to the uninsured population of Michigan.
- The clinic, or the organization under which it operates, has 501(c)(3) or other nonprofit status.
- The majority of clinic care comes from volunteer health care professionals.
- Primary Care Services provided by the clinic are free of charge.
- Clients served do not have insurance for the services provided.
The planning office within the MDHHS Policy and Planning Administration reviews eligibility criteria, manages the application process, and administers purchase order agreements with those clinics awarded funding.
This program requires reporting on grant expenditures, using the form below.
If you have any questions on this process, please contact Juliette Rousseau by phone at (517) 284-9436 or through email at Rousseauj@michigan.gov.
Each year MDHHS releases a report on the grant program. The most recent reports are available through the links below.
Fiscal Year 2021 Free Clinic Funding Summary Report
Fiscal Year 2020 Free Clinic Funding Summary Report
Fiscal Year 2019 Free Clinic Funding Summary Report
Fiscal Year 2018 Free Clinic Funding Summary Report
Fiscal Year 2013 Free Clinic Funding Summary Report
Fiscal Year 2011 Free Clinic Funding Summary Report