The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Holiday Tips and Tricks to Feel Your Best
Busy holiday schedules, special events and celebrations can make it hard to make the best choices to manage your health, especially diabetes. Being prepared to make food choices that will support your blood sugar and making time to get regular exercise can help you stay on track, feel your best and enjoy the season with family and friends.
Here are a few resources to help you prepare:
- Buffet Table Tips
- Understand Portion Sizes
- Regular exercise is an important part of diabetes management, talk to your doctor about getting started
- Tips to staying active in the cold weather
- Holiday and other stressors can affect blood sugar and mental health
- Stay up to date with vaccines
For additional support:
- If you have diabetes, ask your doctor to refer you to Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support (DSMES) services in your area and work with an educator to make an individualized plan.
- If you have prediabetes, find a diabetes prevention program in your area and join a group class led by a trained lifestyle coach.
If you or someone you know is facing hardships, these resources can help.