This webpage contains only approved final documents.
Last updated July 1, 2020.
Policies and Technical Advisories issued under the name Bureau of Substance Abuse and Addiction Services (BSAAS) or Office of Drug Control Policy (ODCP) are still active, they are now administered by the Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities Administration (BHDDA).
- Documents in alphabetical order -
Substance Use Disorder Services Policies:
- Acupuncture #P-T-02: Establishes standards for the use of acupuncture as adjunct therapy in substance abuse treatment. rev 11/01/12, technical revisions completed 7/1/20
- Adolescent Substance Use Treatment Services Policy #14 rev 06/01/18
- Buprenorphine #P-T-03: Establishes standards for the use of buprenorphine as adjunct therapy in the treatment of opioid addiction. eff 10/01/06, technical revisions completed 7/1/20
- Communicable Disease #P-P-02: Establishes requirements with regard to addressing communicable disease. rev. eff. 01/01/12, technical revisions completed 7/1/20
Attachment A only: Communicable Disease Provider Information Plan/Report
Online Training: Level 1 Communicable Disease
- Criteria for Using Methadone for Medication-Assisted Treatment and Recovery #P-T-05: Clarifies the process for the use of methadone in medication-assisted treatment and recovery for opioid dependence. rev eff 10/01/12 Consent for an Adolescent to Participate in Opioid Pharmacotherapy Treatment form, technical revisions completed 7/1/20
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders #P-T-11: Establishes the process and expectations for the screening and referral of children for FASD and the inclusion of FASD prevention in treatment programs that serve women. new 10/01/09
- Individualized Treatment and Recovery Planning #P-T-06: Establishes requirements for individualized treatment and recovery planning. eff 04/02/12
- Off-Site Dosing Requirements for Medication Assisted Treatment #P-T-04: Clarifies the rules and procedures pertaining to off-site dosing of opioid treatment medication by clients in an opioid treatment program. rev 12/01/06, technical revisions completed 7/1/20
- Outpatient Treatment Continuum of Services - Establishes requirements for outpatient services to use ASAM Level of Care criteria and to individualize services to be culturally, age, and gender appropriate. new 03/15/17
- Residential Treatment Continuum of Services - technical revisions completed 7/1/20 - Requirements for residential services based on ASAM LOC criteria, and to support individualized services that maintain cultural, age and gender appropriateness
- Substance Abuse Case Management Program Requirements #P-T-08: Specifies requirements with regard to Case Management programs. new 01/01/08
- Synar - technical revisions completed 7/1/20 - Specifies requirements with regard to SAPT Block Grant Synar compliance. -This policy incorporates, by reference, protocols and procedures found on our Synar & Tobacco Information webpage.
- Withdrawal Management Continuum of Services Establishes requirements for withdrawal management services, technical revisions completed 7/1/20
- Women's Treatment Services Establishes the philosophy and requirements for women's treatment services (designated women's programs and gender competent programs). new 10/01/10, technical revisions completed 7/1/20
Substance Use Disorder Services Technical Advisories: