Forms & Publications
The Adoption and Guardianship Assistance Office (AGAO), would like to hear from you! AGAO is asking all adoptive parents and guardians to take a survey regarding your experience and interactions with our office. While general demographic questions, such as county of residence and number of children, are asked, no specific identifying information is collected, unless provided by you in the survey. The feedback you provide will assist the office as we continuously strives to provide the best customer service.
You can take the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AdoptionandGuardianshipAssistanceOffice_CustomerSatisfaction. You can take the survey starting January 1, 2019 through February 1, 2019.
- Making the Decision to Become a Child's Permanent Family (DHS Pub-140) Details about adopting a child who became a permanent ward.
- Adoption Program Statement DHS Pub-255
Addresses the concentrated effort of the state agency to find homes for permanent state and court wards.
- Adoption Program Statement - DHS Pub-255-SP
- Adoption Program Statement - DHS Pub-255-AR
- Adopting a Child in Michigan (DHS Pub-823) Overview of Michigan's adoption law, the types of adoptions available in Michigan, the role of the court and other helpful information.
- Adopting a Child in Michigan - DHS Pub-823-SP
- Adopting a Child in Michigan - DHS Pub-823-AR
- Michigan's Adoption Assistance Program - DHS Pub-538
Overview of programs that provide financial assistance for eligible children.
- Michigan's Adoption Assistance Program - DHS Pub-538-SP
- Michigan's Adoption Assistance Program - DHS Pub-538-AR
- Request for Medical Assistance for An Adopted Child - DHS-1341-A
Apply for medical assistance for your adopted child.
- Adoption Medical Assistance Travel Reimbursement Log - DHS-1624
- Parent Claim for Reimbursement of Nonrecurring Adoption Expenses (DHS-4815) Apply for reimbursement of expenses related to adoption completion.
- Release Of Information (DHS Pub-439) Information about what information can be released and shared with adult adoptees.
- Release Of Information - DHS Pub-439-SP
- Release Of Information - DHS Pub-439-AR
- Adult Former Sibling Statement to Release Information to Adult Adoptee - DHS-1917
- Release of Information to Adult Adoptee by Brother/Sister as proxy for Deceased Parent (DHS-1918) Consent to release deceased parents name to adult adoptee.
- Parent's Consent/Denial to Release Information to Adult Adoptee (DHS-1919) Biological parents grant or deny consent to have their confidential information released to adult adoptee.
- Release of Information Authorization Adult Adoptee (DHS-1920) Adult adoptees can grant permission for the probate court and/or adoption agency to release their current name and address to a biological parent or sibling.
- Request by Adult Adoptee for Identifying Information (DHS-1925) Adult adoptees can request their information from their adoption record.