Skip to main content

Other Child Support Questions

Have other questions?

To get information on your child support case online, go to MiChildSupport and register. This website will give you access to payment Information, current amount owed, income withholding information, bench warrant and enforcement hearing information.

The 24-hour Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 877-543-2660 will direct you to your Friend of the Court for:

  • Investigating, modifying or enforcing a court order for custody, parenting time and support
  • Registering Michigan orders in other states
  • Providing alternative dispute resolution through mediation programs
  • Assistance in locating a parent
  • Any child support court case hearing or other related activity
The 24-hour Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 877-543-2660 can also direct you to the Michigan State Disbursement Unit for:
  • Making a child support payment
  • Address change (for payments or coupon mailings)
  • Questions on payment coupons
  • Questions about child support payments
  • Lost/stolen child support checks
  • Electronic Disbursement (debit card and direct deposit)
  • Live chat is available about payment issues at the MiSDU

Call the Office of Child Support at 866-540-0008 for:

  • Bankruptcy (payer) impacts on enforcement of child support
  • Passport denial/ Income tax refund offset program
  • Enforcement through recovery of financial assets
  • To begin a child support case
  • To voluntarily establish paternity (add the name of the father to the birth certificate)
  • Assistance in locating a parent

Call your local Prosecuting Attorney for:

  • Establishing paternity and DNA testing by a court order
  • Establishing child support amount in court orders
  • (There are county differences in the modification process. The modification service is performed by the Prosecuting Attorney in some counties and by the Friend of the Court in other counties.)