Skip to main content

Agency Providers

Agency Providers

An agency provider is defined by MDHHS as an organization or an employer of two or more individual providers. Agencies seeking to provide services in the Home Help program must be approved by MDHHS before they can bill for Home Help services and receive the approved provider agency rate. 

Listed is the process to become an enrolled and approved Home Help agency provider. 

Click the hyperlink for additional information pertaining to the indicated process step:

  1. Obtain or already have a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  2. Register with the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) or the agency's local County Clerk office. 
  3. Register your vendor account with the State of Michigan (SOM) by visiting the SIGMA Vendor Self Service website:
  4. MILogin Instructions
  5. CHAMPS Instructions and Information
    • Agencies involved in the Home Help program must register in CHAMPS and have a criminal history screening done prior to delivering services or working with MDHHS Home Help beneficiaries. Instructions on how to complete and submit the CHAMPS provider enrollment application, revalidation, and more.
      • The MSA-204 allows the agency provider to enroll an agency caregiver in CHAMPS in the agency caregivers' absence. It must only be used when the agency caregiver chooses not to participate in the submission of their CHAMPS enrollment application. Click here to download a fillable version of the MSA-204
  6.  Submit Documents to the MDHHS Home Help Policy Section
  7. Final Steps
    • Once MDHHS approves the agency to provide Home Help services, work with the Home Help beneficiary and contact the MDHHS local county office to get authorized, provide services, and submit an invoice for payment. 

Return to Home Help Main Page