Skip to main content

How do I register with the Central Adoption Registry?

It is important to remember that only the former parent and adult former sibling can register with the Central Adoption Registry.

Former parents may complete a Parent's Consent or Denial to Release Information to Adult Adoptee - DHS-1919 form.

An adult sibling may file either the Adult Former Sibling Statement to Release Information to Adult Adoptee - DHS-1917 form or the Release of Information to Adult Adoptee by Brother/Sister as Proxy for Deceased Parent - DHS-1918 form.

These forms are available by contacting the family division of circuit court, a child placing agency, local Department of Human Services, the Central Adoption Registry, or by downloading the form from your computer.

The forms must be completed with as much of the child's information as possible and mailed to the Central Adoption Registry. (Note: the form found on this system cannot automatically be transferred.)