Skip to main content

How can I apply for the Home Heating Credit?

There are a number of ways you can apply for the Home Heating Credit – and you don’t need to file a Michigan tax return to do so. To get an applications for the Home Heating Credit (Form MI-1040CR-7) you can:

  • Visit the Michigan Department of Treasury website at and enter “Home Heating Credit” in the search box.
  • Pick up a paper copy at a public library, post office, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) office or other locations where income tax forms are available.
  • Call the Department of Treasury at 517-636-4486.
  • If you are hearing- or speech-impaired, contact the Michigan Relay Center, 800-649-2777 or 7-1-1.