The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
About the Tobacco Section
To reduce morbidity and mortality and alleviate the social and economic burden caused by commercial tobacco use in Michigan.
A healthier Michigan, free of all forms of commercial tobacco use and secondhand smoke exposure
Our work is guided by the five goals of the Tobacco Section Strategic Plan:
- identify and eliminate tobacco-related health disparities;
- eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke;
- promote tobacco treatment (cessation) among adults and youth;
- prevent initiation among youth and young adults; and
- expand and stabilize tobacco control infrastructure and funding.
How to Contact Us
Division of Chronic Disease and Injury Control
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
P.O. Box 30195
Lansing, MI 48913
- Information Line: 866-597-6653 (toll-free)
- Complaint Line: 517-241-6303
To order educational materials for your organization, including flyers, Quitlink cards, and other materials, please email MDHHS-QuitKit@michigan.gov