The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Cancer Dashboard: Michigan Cancer Atlas, 2015-2021
The Michigan Cancer Epidemiology staff has developed this interactive dashboard to present the geographic patterns of cancer rates and associated factors across the state of Michigan. Data are displayed in charts, tables and/or maps and cover the years 2015 through 2021. The data within this dashboard are divided into five main sections:
- Estimates of social determinants of health by county, such as percent of adults without a high school education and percent of residents living below the poverty line;
- Prevalence of cancer risk factors by prosperity region;
- Estimates of cancer screening rates by prosperity region;
- Cancer incidence within Michigan (the rate of newly diagnosed cancers by county), including incidence by sex, by race, and for cancer types of interest for which there is no data dashboard yet; and
- Cancer mortality within Michigan (the rate of deaths due to cancer by county), including mortality by sex, by race, and for cancer types of interest for which there is no data dashboard yet.
In addition, this dashboard also provides a discussion of the data used for these indicators, as well as links to additional resources for those who would like to know more about cancer in Michigan.
For more information about this dashboard, please contact MDHHS Cancer Epidemiologist Lauren Spadafora, PhD, at SpadaforaL@michigan.gov.
Download the accessible Excel (.xlsx) file for this dashboard
- Michigan Cancer Atlas, 2015-2021
This file contains year-by-year data tracking the geographic patterns of cancer rates and associated factors across the state of Michigan for the years 2015 through 2021.