The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Benefits of Inclusion to the Community
- More diversity in everyone’s relationships.
- The cost of supporting people decreases when persons served do not have to rely on paid professionals.
- People with disabilities can pay taxes if they have a job.
- People with disabilities can share their gifts and talents with the community.
- Community members will learn about the unique perspective people with disabilities have to contribute to the community experience.
How to Create an Inclusive Environment
- Conduct outreach
- Provide training and technical assistance
- Removing barriers
- Developing coalitions
- Keep policy and lawmakers informed about disabilities related issues.
References & Resources