About the Tobacco Section
To reduce morbidity and mortality and alleviate the social and economic burden caused by commercial tobacco use in Michigan.
A healthier Michigan, free of all forms of commercial tobacco use and secondhand smoke exposure
Our work is guided by the five goals of the Tobacco Section Strategic Plan:
- identify and eliminate tobacco-related health disparities;
- eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke;
- promote tobacco treatment (cessation) among adults and youth;
- prevent initiation among youth and young adults; and
- expand and stabilize tobacco control infrastructure and funding.