Home Help


Learn about our responses to Coronavirus and find the latest program guidance. www.Michigan.gov/Coronavirus >> Resources >> For Health Professionals

MDHHS advises review of  “Actions for Caregivers of Older Adults During COVID-19” and supporting Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document.

Michigan’s stay at home order has been lifted, learn about each phase of the MI Safe Start Plan

Resuming Standard Operations for Case Management and Home and Community Based Services 

Gatherings and Face Mask Order Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) -Direct Care Workers

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information

COVID-19 MSA policy bulletins and L-letters specific to Home Help providers.

 Issue Date



 January 13, 2021  L 21-03  COVID-19 Premium Pay Extended Through February 28, 2021
 January 13, 2021  L 21-02  COVID-19 Response: Premium Pay
 November 4, 2020  MSA 20-30  COVID-19 Response:  Relaxing Face-to-Face Requirement (Update)
 October 28, 2020  L 20-67  COVID-19 Response: Premium Pay
 October 28, 2020  L 20-66  COVID-19 Premium Pay Extended Through December 31, 2020
 July 30, 2020  L 20-45   COVID-19 Premium Pay Extended Through September 30, 2020
 July 30, 2020  L 20-42  COVID-19 Response: Premium Pay
 May 20, 2020  MSA 20-36  COVID-19 Response Policies:  Clarification on Notice to Terminate Policies and Processes
 May 12, 2020  L 20-28  COVID-19 Response: Premium Pay
 May 1, 2020  L 20-27  COVID-19 Response:  Premium Pay
 May 1, 2020  L 20-26  COVID-19 Response:  2020 Home Help Rate Increases 
 April 30, 2020  MSA 20-28  COVID-19 Response: Temporary Suspension of Certain Provider Enrollment Requirements; Temporary Suspension of Certain Restrictions and Requirements of the Michigan Public Health Code
 March 18, 2020  MSA 20-12  COVID-19 Response:  Relaxing Face-to-Face Requirement


The Home Help program is administered by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and provides personal care services to individuals who need hands-on assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and assistance with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs).  MDHHS is responsible for approving Home Help providers for participation in the program.

Some documents are provided in Acrobat format.  To install Acrobat Reader, click on the icon.  Adobe logo



Click here for video instructions on how to use this webpage

  • Agency Providers

    Agency Providers

    An agency provider is defined by MDHHS as an organization or an employer of two or more individual providers.

  • Individual Providers

    Individual Providers

    An individual provider is defined by MDHHS as the direct care worker. The individual provider provides personal care services to an MDHHS Home Help beneficiary.