Child Care Fund
The Child Care Fund Monitoring Unit provides financial reimbursement to counties for community-based programming and placement costs for youth. The annual budget of approximately $400 million is shared between the State, 83 counties and participating Native American Tribes. The cost share is 100% paid initially by the County/Tribe for foster care, institutional care, independent living, and In-Home Care programming and reimbursed by the State at 50%.
In-Home Care programs are innovative and creative community-based programs that are developed locally as an alternative to out-of-home placement. These programs are approved annually by the Child Care Fund Monitoring Unit based on program and youth eligibility. Common examples of In-Home Care programs are: Intensive Probation, Counseling, Assessments, CASA, Wraparound, Truancy Intervention, Drug Court, Non-Scheduled Payments, and Family Reunification. In-Home Care programs are utilized by youth and families in the community to prevent out-of-home placement or while the youth is in placement to reduce the overall time spent out-of-home.
The Child Care Fund Monitoring Unit approves Annual Plans and Budgets that are locally driven with emphasis on community resources, networks, and programming needs.
In 2016, MDHHS and relevant stakeholders engaged in a workgroup to address and revise the policies that allow the department to administer the Child Care Fund Reimbursement program established under Michigan laws and Administrative Rules.
The report describes the work and meetings that led to the revised MDHHS Child Care Fund Policies that took effect on October 1, 2017.
- CCF Fiscal Factors
- CCF Monitoring Overview
- CCF Power Point
Covers: History & Overview, Reimbursement Eligibility, Annual Plan & Budget, and Monthly Report of Expenditures
- Child Care Fund: Annual Plan & Budget (Length 11:25)
- Child Care Fund: Fiscal Factors (Length 40:05)
- Child Care Fund: History and Overview (Length 3:59)
- Child Care Fund: Monthly Report of Expenditures (Length 10:34)
- Child Care Fund: On Site Monitoring Overview (Length 25:53)
- Child Care Fund: Reimbursement Eligibility (Length 21:12)
- Child Care Fund: Review Observations (Length 14:02)
- APB Monthly Reimbursement Crosswalk
- Buy4Michigan - bidding
- Child Care Fund (CCF) County/Court - Operated Facility - MDHHS-5592
- Child Care Fund Institution Payments
- DHS-2091 Supplemental Form
- Employee Activity Certification - MDHHS-5590
- Employee Activity Certification Part-Time - MDHHS-5589
- FY18 CCF Budget Letter
- Modifications to the CCF
- Monthly Phone Conference
MiSACWIS Job Aids
- Delete Service Component
- Submitting a DHS-206b or 207
- CCF Budget MiSACWIS Job Aid
- Amending CCF Budgets
- How to Access Applications with Multi-Factor Authentication
- How Providers and Advocates who used Single Sign-On will Access Applications in MILogin
- MILogin FAQ
- MiSACWIS "Getting Started Guide"
- Access MiSACWIS using MILogin