Child and Adolescent Health Centers (CAHC)
Child and Adolescent Health Centers promote the health of children, adolescents and their families by providing important primary, preventative, and early intervention health care services. These centers provide primary care, preventative care, comprehensive health assessment, vision and hearing screening, medication, immunization, treatment of acute illness, co-management of chronic illness, health education and mental health care. The Michigan Child and Adolescent Health Center (CAHC) program is jointly funded by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and the Michigan Department of Education (MDE). The MDHHS and MDE embrace the notion that "healthy kids learn better" and have collaborated to establish the CAHC program with the aim of increasing access to basic health care for children and teens in Michigan.
- FY21 Application for Continuation Funding for School-Based and School-Linked Child and Adolescent Health Centers, School Wellness Programs, and Network Projects
- Welcome new CAHC and SWP sites!
- FY19 CAHC Report Card
- Expanding, Enhancing Emotional Health (E3) Program
- Trauma Informed Care in Child & Adolescent Health Centers
- 2019 Individual Student Crisis & Emergency Response Plan Guidance
- 2019 Response to School Wide Crises Best Practice Guidance
- Year End/Fall Report Template (PDF)
The data elements in this report will be collected at the end of each fiscal year.
- Year End/Fall Report Template (Word)
- Comprehensive Needs Assessment Resource
This is a sampling of some of the more common data points for consideration in a comprehensive needs assessment (required of every CAHC/SWP at least every three years)
- Clinical Reporting Tool (CRT) Update
The CRT user guide serves as a tool to assist assigned users in entering and editing quarterly data. This webinar will orient assigned users to the CRT.
- FY18 Minimum Program Requirement Changes Brief
An overview of the FY18 MPR changes, effective October 1, 2017.
- CAHC Mental Health Quality Measure
Voluntary mental health CQI measures for FY18 are detailed.