The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The External Links function in CHAMPS is a listing of websites, resources, and tools designed to help providers. Including, Document Management Portal (DMP), Facility Settlement, Medicaid Code Rate and Reference, Predictive Modeling, and more.
To access a resource click on the preferred file format hyperlink.
CHAMPS External Links Quick Reference Guide -PDF
Document Management Portal (DMP)
This tool will enable providers to electronically submit supporting documentation for Medicaid claims filed electronically through CHAMPS, software vendor, or FTS, submit consent forms, and submit records requested for Predictive Modeling requirements. Users will notice changes on the CHAMPS screens.
- DMP Tutorial – PDF, Recording
- DMP HTML5 Configuration Instructions
- DMP for Children’s Special Health Care Services (CSHCS)
- DMP FAQs
- DMP Messaging Function
- DMP Refresher -PDF, Webinar
The Facility Settlement system within CHAMPS allows providers to electronically submit a Medicaid cost report. Providers must have a FS specific profile in order to access the Facility Settlement system.
- Tribal Health Center (THC)- PDF, Recording, Q&A
- Federally Qualified Health Center(FQHC) & Rural Health Clinic (RHC)- PDF, Recording, Q&A
- Local Public Health Department (LPHD)- PDF, Recording
- Hospital Providers: Identifying the SOM Auditor Instructions
Medicaid Code and Rate Reference
The Medicaid Code and Rate Reference tool is used for providers to view code details such as rates, limits, age restrictions, gender restrictions, modifier requirements, and prior authorization requirements. For outpatient hospitals, the Medicare Addendum B, MDHHS wraparound list, and other resources must be utilized to accommodate pertinent information not loaded within the Medicaid Code and Rate
- Medicaid Code and Rate Reference Tutorial- PDF, Recording
- Quick Reference Guide
- CHAMPS 102 Medicaid Code and Rate Reference Tool - Video
Predictive Modeling, a pre-payment claims process in CHAMPS, uses advanced screening technology to identify Medicaid claims in which there are billing irregularities. Claims flagged by the predictive modeling process will undergo a detailed analysis to determine the next step(s) to be taken. This may include a review of medical records and/or past claims. Providers must submit the requested records in a timely manner to avoid denials for lack of documentation.
- Bulletin: MSA 12-65
- Predictive Modeling FAQs
- Medical Request Letter (Sample)
- Predictive Modeling Process Tip
- August 16, 2022: Predictive Modeling Webinar- PDF, Webinar