The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Drug Assistance Program (MIDAP)
Who Qualifies for MIDAP?
To be eligible for MIDAP, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of HIV Status
- Be a resident of the State of Michigan
- Have a gross income between 138%-500% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)*
- Not be eligible for any other program. MIDAP is the payer of last resort
Case management and client advocacy agencies, or the MIDAP staff, can assist applicants in completing the MIDAP application. Completed applications will be reviewed and accepted or denied. If approved by the MIDAP, the member will receive a prescription card with a personal identification number.
*Your income will be evaluated based upon the Federal Poverty Guidelines in effect when MIDAP receives your completed application. Income is based includes earned income and/or unearned income (e.g., employment income, self-employment income, Supplemental Security Income). To find out how your income compares with the Federal Poverty Level, please use the Federal Poverty Level Calculator.
What Does MIDAP Cover?
MIDAP covers HIV-specific and HIV-related prescription medications, as well as vaccines, for eligible Michigan residents living with HIV. MIDAP also covers hepatitis treatment for eligible individuals co-infected with HIV and hepatitis C.
Key MIDAP Information
- MIDAP Drug Formulary - Up-to-date list of the prescription drugs and vaccines MIDAP covers
- MIDAP Pharmacy Directory - List of pharmacies that participate in MIDAP
MIDAP uses an online application system. To start your first online application for your next coverage period, follow these instructions.
- Go to MILogin
- Create a MILogin account. If you are unsure of how to do this, please refer to the instruction document: How to Create a New MILogin Account for MIDAP Members.
- After you have created your account, you will receive an email confirmation verifying that you now have online access.
- Login to MILogin and request access to the Michigan Drug Assistance Program (MIDAP).
- Complete the User Registration.
- Choose the Initiate New Application option to begin your application.
- If you have a MIDAP ID number, use your MIDAP ID number when completing your online application.
Detailed application instructions are available in the user guide: User Guide for MIDAP Members
Need Help? If you have questions about the information required by the application or need help completing the application, please contact MIDAP staff at 888-826-6565 (toll-free).
Please Note: If you have difficulty logging into the MILogin application, please contact MILogin Customer Service at 877-932-6424 (toll-free).
Case management and client advocacy agencies, or the MIDAP staff, can assist individuals in completing the application. Completed applications will be reviewed and accepted or denied. If approved, new clients will receive a MIDAP prescription card with a unique personal identification number.
For members wanting to complete a paper application rather than the online application, please complete the form below. The form is used for first-time applicants and those who are renewing their membership.
- MIDAP Application - DCH-3926
- MIDAP Application (Arabic) - DCH-3926-AR
- MIDAP Application (Spanish) - DCH-3926-SP
- MIDAP Change of Status - Premium Assistance Adjustment Form - MDHHS-5430
- MIDAP 30-Day Medication Request - MDHHS-5429
- MDHHS Declaration of Residency/No Income or Support/Insurance Ineligibility (Combined Declaration)
- MDHHS Michigan Drug Assistance Program (MIDAP) Grievance - MDHHS-5545
- ScriptGuideRX Request for Prior Authorization
Need Help? If you have questions about information required by a form or need help completing it, please contact MIDAP staff at 1-888-826-6565 (toll-free).
MIDAP Online for Case Managers
MIDAP Online Authorization Instructions for Case Managers
New MIDAP Online Case Manager Users: MIDAP Online for case managers requires authorization prior to accessing the system. Please first submit an access request within SHOARS. For information about SHOARS including how to register and submit an access request, please visit: Michigan.gov/SHOARS. If there are any questions or concerns regarding this process, reach out to MDHHS-SHOARS-SUPPORT@michigan.gov.
MIDAP Online Application Instructions
To assist a MIDAP member with a new application, please register as a Case Manager through MILogin Third Party.
- For a guide on how to create a new MILogin account as a case manager, please download: How to Create a New MILogin Account for Case Managers.
- For detailed instructions for the MIDAP online application, please download: User Guide for Case Managers.
- A checklist to help in filling out the application is available in two formats:
On March 1, 2018, MIDAP began providing hepatitis treatment coverage for eligible individuals co-infected with HIV and hepatitis C. MIDAP has removed the prior authorization for hepatitis C medications in order to reduce barriers and access to treatment for clients on the MIDAP program.
Clients will have access to the following medications without a clinical prior authorization:
- Epclusa (velpatasvir/sofosbuvir)
- Harvoni (ledipasvir/sofosbuvir)
- Mavyret (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir)
- Zepatier (Elbasvir/Grazoprevir)
MDHHS has partnered with Henry Ford Health System to provide a free consultation line for healthcare professionals for Hepatitis C questions, management, and best practices. The consultation line is open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm at (313) 575-0332 or for more information, please visit: Henry Ford Hepatitis C Consultation Line.
Please Note: MIDAP is the payer of last resort and will continue to provide Ryan White services to those who do not have medication coverage by public or private health insurance plans.