Out of State Child Protective Services Agencies
In order to assist in providing for the ease and timely processing of information as outlined under the Michigan Child Protection Law under 722.627(2)(a), agencies outside of the State of Michigan who are investigating a report of known or suspected child abuse or neglect, may request either the history or reports pertaining to alleged or known perpetrators or victims by emailing the request to MDHHS-OutofStateAgencyCPSRecordsRequest@michigan.gov.
The request must include minimally the following information:
- Be on the agency's letterhead.
- Be sent from a valid agency email address.
- The identifying information for those individuals whom seeking the information pertaining to. This must include at minimum the name and date of birth.
- A reason for the request.
- Identify if history or records are being requested.
Please note that requests may take 14 days to process. This may be extended based upon the volume of records requested.