Eligibility and Enrollment (Member Tab)
A person eligible for and/or who receives services under the MI Medicaid Program can be verified by using the member search function. The Member tab or function in CHAMPS allows access for users to verify eligibility for a member via the web-based screens or by submitting a 270-electronic request. Providers need to utilize the Benefit Plan ID(s) indicated in the eligibility response to determine coverage for a specific date of service.
One of the following profiles is needed to access the Member tab: CHAMPS Full Access, CHAMPS Limited Access, Eligibility Inquiry, Hospital Admission, Hospice Admission, NF Admission, or SPF Admin.
To access a resource click on the preferred file hyperlink.
Quick Reference Guides
- Adding, Removing, and Updating TPL Files Instructions
- Benefit Plan & Service Type Codes Table
- CHAMPS FAQs
- CHAMPS Navigation Tutorial– PDF, Recording
- How to Locate Payer ID and Other Health Insurance Information
- LOC to PET Crosswalk
- Other Insurance Coverage Type Codes
- Other Insurance Reporting Requirements
- Provider Instructions for Completing the Health Risk Assessment
- Steps for Entering an Admission and Discharge