The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MDHHS issues Requests for Proposals for leveraging technology to support direct care nursing staff demonstration project
May 09, 2022
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has issued a Request for Proposals (RFPs) to leverage technology in the design of new workflows and staffing models to support optimal use of direct care nursing staff for more efficient delivery of patient services.
To be eligible for the grant, applicants must include the following:
- One or more health care delivery organizations providing direct care services within the state of Michigan as part of the project team.
- A description of the technology to be applied in support of direct care nurses.
- A detailed plan for inclusion of direct care nursing staff in the design and development of the plan for deploying the technology to support direct care nurses and for integrating the technology into the nursing workflow.
- A plan for devising training materials and training staff and patients, as applicable, in the use of the technology and for staff to integrate the technology into their workflow.
- A plan for evaluating the outcome of the pilot technology application within the time frame of this effort and disseminating the associated findings.
The grant period is from Oct. 1, 2022, to Sept. 30, 2023. The total amount available is $198,000. MDHHS plans to issue two or three awards, with a maximum single award amount of $99,000.
Grant applications for the Leveraging Technology to Support Direct Care Nursing Staff- Demonstration Project RFP must be submitted electronically through the EGrAMS program by 3 p.m., June 17, 2022.
For more information or to apply, visit the EGrAMS website and select "About EGrAMS" link in the left panel to access the "Competitive Application Instructions" training manual. The complete RFP can be accessed under the ‘Current Grants’ section under the “Health Policy and Innovation” link and selecting the “LTSDN-2023” grant program.
# # #