The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Ride to Your Dose of Hope
Public Transit Systems Provide Free and Low-Fare Vaccination Rides
A growing number of public transit agencies are providing marginalized populations free or low-fare rides to confirmed COVID-19 vaccination appointments. To date, public transit agencies representing more than half of the state's 83 counties have joined the "Ride to Your Dose of Hope" service from Michigan's transit systems.
Michigan residents needing a free or low-fare ride to a COVID-19 vaccination should contact their local transit agency or local health department to determine if transportation is available in their area.
Participating public transit systems as of April 2
- Allegan County Transit - Allegan
- Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority - Washtenaw County
- Barry County Transit - Hastings
- Capital Area Transportation Authority - Ingham County
- Clare County Transit - Harrison
- Clinton Transit - St. Johns/Clinton County
- Eatran - Charlotte/Eaton County
- The Rapid - Grand Rapids
- Ionia Dial A Ride - Ionia
- Livingston Essential Transportation Services - Howell
- Lake Erie Transit - Monroe
- MTA - Flint
- Marquette Transportation Authority - Marquette
- Michigan Transportation Connection - covering 30 counties across the state, including all counties in the Upper Peninsula
- Niles Dial A Ride
- SMART - Southeast Michigan (Wayne, Oakland, Macomb counties)
- STARS - Saginaw
Ride to Your Dose of Hope was proposed by Bradley T. Funkhouser, chief executive officer of the Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA), which serves the Greater Lansing area, and regional partners Eatran in Eaton County and Clinton Transit in Clinton County. Under the program, buses and special transportation vehicles operated by Michigan transit systems will take people who lack access to regular transportation to vaccination events and sites.