Information for WIC Vendors
In 2021, Michigan WIC is making multiple changes to its program and policies. Communications regarding these changes are regularly sent through emails. For your reference, a recorded webcast is posted below to provide a summary of 3 important program changes and these emails are saved and also available on following webpage.
WIC Vendor Updates - Recorded Webcast
A Vendor webcast was held to provide an overview of recent and upcoming changes to the Michigan WIC Program, including important information regarding Michigan WIC's new Food Guide, proposal for changing minimum stock requirements for Vendors, and WIC-EBT transition from Conduent to FIS-CDP.
New Michigan WIC Food Guide Announcement
Beginning March 1, 2021, a new Michigan WIC Food Guide went into effect and the items available for scanning and charging to customers' WIC EBT cards changed. This change occured when your store's POS accessed the updated Approved Product List (APL).
For Vendors to reference, the New Food Guide in English, Spanish, and Arabic, a descriptive list of changes to the Michigan WIC Food Guide, and communications to Vendors are listed below.
Attention WIC Vendors:
Attending one of these webcasts will fulfill the Michigan WIC Program's mandatory training requirement for the current contract cycle. These links are used to both register and access the webcasts. Vendors may also access a recording of a WIC Vendor training presentation provided below and in the training section of this page.
WIC Vendor Training Webcasts
Tuesday, June 8, 2021 @ 2:00pm
Tuesday, September 7, 2021 @ 2:00pm
WIC Vendor Pharmacy Training Webcasts
Tuesday, June 15, 2021 @ 2:00pm
Tuesday, September 14, 2021 @ 2:00pm
WIC Vendor Regional Forums
Southeast Michigan Regional Forum
Wednesday, June 16, 2021 @ 1:00pm
WIC Vendor Training Presentation
Attention WIC Pharmacy Vendors:
For a full list of Michigan WIC Authorized Formulas, please refer to: Michigan WIC Authorized Formula
Below is important information regarding WIC-approved formula:
WIC Vendor Newsletter
- WIC Vendor Newsletter Spring 2021
- WIC Vendor Newsletter Winter 2020
- WIC Vendor Newsletter Fall 2020
- WIC Vendor Newsletter Summer 2020
- WIC Vendor Newsletter Spring 2020
- WIC Vendor Newsletter Winter 2019-2020
- WIC Vendor Newsletter Fall 2019
- WIC Vendor Newsletter Summer 2019
- WIC Vendor Newsletter Winter 2017-2018
Sample WIC Vendor Contract and Associated Documents
- Sample WIC Vendor Contract, effective December 2019
- WIC Vendor Sanction Policy, effective February 2020
- WIC Vendor Sanction Policy, effective May 2016
- Administrative Hearing Procedures
- Administrative Review Procedures
- WIC Vendor Selection Criteria
Minimum Stock Requirements and WIC Vendor Monitoring Visit Report
- Minimum stock requirements (cover letter)
- Minimum stock requirements Effective 12-26-2018
- WIC Vendor Monitoring Visit Report
WIC Vendor Training
Provided below is the WIC Vendor Handbook, currently the most comprehensive training resource available for WIC Vendors.
WIC Vendor Training Presentation
Requesting Items for WIC Food Authorization
The Michigan WIC Program is continuing to evaluate new foods to be authorized. Vendors may submit requests for the program to consider items using the form below.
Applying to become a Michigan WIC Vendor
Additional Application Forms
- Quality Exception Review Form (to be used by Michigan WIC to apply a higher authorization criteria)
- Preauthorization Site Visit Report (to be used by Michigan WIC prior to authorization)
Submitting a Complaint to the Michigan WIC Program