More than 128,000 acres treated during Sept. 30 flight
Second night of treatment will include several Michigan
- Area 2-1 in Barry County.
- Area 3-1 in Berrien County.
- Area 4-1 in Calhoun County.
- Areas 5-1 and 5-2 in Cass County.
- Area 12-1 in St. Joseph County.
- Area 13-1 in Van Buren County.
- Area 6-2 in Jackson County. (weather alternative)
- Areas 8-1 and 8-2 in Kent County. (weather alternative)
- Area 9-1 in Lapeer County. (weather alternative)
- Areas 10-1, 10-2 and 10-3 in Montcalm County. (weather alternative)
- Area 11-1 in Newaygo County. (weather alternative)
Please refer to the County-level Aerial Treatment Maps for more details of the identified zones’ locations. These schedules are weather dependent and may change. Visit Michigan.gov/EEE for the most up-to-date information. All other treatment zones will not be treated this evening.
As of Sept. 30, EEE has been confirmed in nine people, with three fatalities, in Barry, Berrien, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo and Van Buren counties. In addition, cases have occurred in 33 animals from 15 counties: Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Calhoun, Cass, Genesee, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Kent, Lapeer, Livingston, Montcalm, Newaygo, St. Joseph and Van Buren.
More information, including a Frequently Asked Questions document, are available at Michigan.gov/EEE.
# # #