The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MDHHS hosting three, free virtual baby fairs for new or expecting families
June 02, 2022
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is hosting three virtual baby fairs for new or expecting parents this month. At the virtual events, families will have an opportunity to learn about available resources, important health and safety information and ask questions directly to program experts.
“MDHHS is excited to be able to offer a safe way for parents to get all the important information they need at this exciting time in their lives,” said Elizabeth Hertel, MDHHS director. “We encourage Michigan families to attend one of the free events being offered to learn about immunizations, hearing screening, breastfeeding and other topics.”
The events are free of charge and occurring on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, June 14 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 15 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 28 from 9 to 11 a.m.
The following MDHHS programs are participating in the virtual baby fairs:
- Newborn Screening
- Michigan BioTrust for Health
- Infant Safe Sleep
- Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention
- Birth Defects Education and Outreach
- State Breastfeeding Initiative
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Vital Records
- Michigan Home Visiting Initiative
- Maternal Infant Health Program
- Children’s Special Health Care Services
- Eat Safe Fish
- Unintentional Injury Prevention
# # #