Institutional Review Board
- MDHHS IRB Announces Important Changes to Required Human Research Protections Training
- MDHHS IRB Replaces COVID-19 Related Restrictions with Guidance on In-Person Research Participant Interactions
- What is the MDHHS Institutional Review Board and What Activities Need MDHHS IRB Review?
Overview of the MDHHS IRB.
- Contact the MDHHS IRB
Contact information for MDHHS IRB
- Approved Policies and Procedures
- Protecting Research Participants and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Institutional Review Board A detailed description of the IRB process
- Find resources about recent changes to the rules protecting human research subjects.
A list of common questions and answers posted by the federal Office for Human Research Protections about revised regulations currently in effect.
Information for New Applications
- Selecting an Application and Applying
Information to help new applicants choose and submit the correct application to the MDHHS IRB
- Required Human Research Protections Training
Guidelines for Human Research Protections Training
- IRB Initial Review Application
- IRB Abbreviated Initial Review Application
Assistance With Informed Consent
- MDHHS IRB Guidance on Informed Consent
Description of the requirements for informed consent in research, including new information from the 2018 Common Rule
- MDHHS IRB Guidance on Requesting a Waiver of Informed Consent Requirements
Description of the requirements to waive informed consent regulations, including new information from the 2018 Common Rule.
Requirements After Approval
- Procedures for Continuing Review of Full Committee Approved Research
- Application for Continuation of Approval Form - Non-Exempt
- Application for Continuation of Approval Form-Exempt
- What Should I Do if I Want to Make Changes to Approved Research?
How to make changes to approved research.
- Research Revision Request - DCH-1478