Institutional Review Board
- New MDHHS IRB Initial Review and Abbreviated Initial Review Application Forms Available
- Rules protecting human research subjects are scheduled to change in 2019
A list of common questions and answers posted by the federal Office for Human Research Protections about revised regulations anticipated to take effect January 21, 2019.
- What is the MDHHS Institutional Review Board and What Activities Need MDHHS IRB Review?
Overview of the MDHHS IRB.
- Contact the MDHHS IRB
Contact information for MDHHS IRB
- Approved Policies and Procedures
- Protecting Research Participants and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Institutional Review Board A detailed description of the IRB process
Assistance With Informed Consent
- MDHHS IRB Guidance on Informed Consent
Description of the requirements for informed consent in research, including new information from the 2018 Common Rule
- MDHHS IRB Guidance on Requesting a Waiver of Informed Consent Requirements
Description of the requirements to waive informed consent regulations, including new information from the 2018 Common Rule.
Requirements After Approval
- Procedures for Continuing Review of Full Committee Approved Research
- Application for Continuation of Approval Form - Non-Exempt
- Application for Continuation of Approval Form-Exempt
- What Should I Do if I Want to Make Changes to Approved Research?
How to make changes to approved research.
- Research Revision Request - DCH-1478