- CMS announces intention to collect information from the public on the Application to be Qualified Entity to Receive Medicare Data for Performance Measurement. Request for Comments.
Comment period ends 7/11/18. ACA amends section 1874 of the Social Security Act by adding a new subsection (e) to make standardized extracts of Medicare claims data under Parts A, B, and D available to qualified entities to evaluate the performance of providers of services and suppliers. This is the application needed to determine an organization’s eligibility as a qualified entity.
- CMS announces intention to collect information from the public on the Use of Restraint and Seclusion in Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities (PRTFs) for Individuals Under Age 21 and Supporting Regulations. Request for Comments.
Comment period closes 8-20-18. Extension of a currently approved collection.
- ICD-11 Release
The World Health Organization Has Released ICD-11 for viewing in preparation for implementation of it.
- Occupational Health Safety Network (OHSN)
OHSN is a web-based injury and exposure monitoring system created for healthcare facilities. This secure system enables participating facilities to analyze worker injury and exposure data that they already collect.
- Nurse Salary by State
Welcome to the 2018 interactive nurse salary map!
- Nursing and the Media: Health Care's Invisible Partner
While long ranked as the number one trusted health professional, if you believe nursing to be largely invisible in the media as compared to other health professions, you may be correct. Use the link to review recent nursing research results on this topic.
- Helping to End Addiction Over the Long-term The Research Plan for the NIH HEAL Initiative
Extraordinary focus by all segments of society is required to respond to the nation’s opioid crisis.
- After July 16, 2018, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC) will no longer be available.
Due to the scheduled, July 16, 2018 end date for AHRQ's NGC contract, they are no longer accepting guidelines for inclusion. This will allow time for summaries and NEATS assessments to be posted to the NGC Web site by July, 2018. Additional information will be posted when AHRQ can announce next steps for NGC. In the meantime, contact Mary.Nix@ahrq.hhs.gov.
- CMS releases rural health strategy
CMS Rural Health Council released the agency’s first Rural Health Strategy intended to provide a proactive approach on healthcare issues and to ensure that individuals who live in rural America have access to high quality, affordable healthcare.
- The Best Partners May Be Right in Your Own Backyard
For the past few years, The Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action’s state-based Action Coalitions have been partnering with local groups to build a Culture of Health in their communities.
- Increasing the Mobility of Healthcare
The past 10–15 years have seen no shortage of speculation on how increased accessibility would affect the world of healthcare and medicine.
- Virtual humans could improve conversations at the doctor's office
Game-like simulations are training health care professionals to be more empathetic and to tackle conversations on tough topics like mental health.
- Study: 92% of nurses report moderate-to-very high stress levels
Nurses' stress levels and coping mechanisms influence their health, according to a study published in Nursing Research and Practice.
- Michael Dowling: 7 reasons organizations should be cultivating future nurse leaders
During their day-to-day work, nurses gain unparalleled knowledge of the nuances of patient care, making them ideal candidates for leadership positions.
- CMS Proposes Changes to Empower Patients and Reduce Administrative Burden
Today, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) proposed changes to empower patients through better access to hospital price information, improve patients’ access to their electronic health records, and make it easier for providers to spend time with their patients.
- HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2019
The HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2019 final rule released on April 9th.
- The Business, Ethics, and Quality Cases for Consumer Engagement in Nursing
The aims of this study were to illustrate the quality, safety, cost-effectiveness, and ethics of consumer engagement initiatives and identify promising practices and leadership strategies used by nursing leaders.
- NCSBN Unveils New Nursys Authorization to Practice Map
the map provides an easy means of determining states where a nurse can practice.
- Report Shows Healthcare is Michigan's Largest Private-sector Employer
A new report from the Partnership for Michigan’s Health shows that healthcare directly employed more than 603,000 Michigan residents in 2016, making healthcare the largest private-sector employer in the state.
- Algorithm shows differences between nurse, doctor care First quantitative data on divergent scopes of practice
- NCSBN Welcomes You to the Nursing Profession
This booklet can help you to understand nursing regulation and your board of nursing, and provides links and suggestions that will assist you as you begin your career.
- Harassment From Patients Prevalent, Poll Shows In responding to a Medscape poll asking whether they had been harassed by a patient, many more nurses (71%) than physicians (47%) said yes.
- Moody's: Nursing shortage hits hospital margins hard
Hospitals across the country are suffering financially as the nursing shortage worsens, according to a new report from Moody’s Investor Service.
- Michigan Inpatient Psychiatric Admissions Discussion Final Workgroup Report
- U.S. Preventative Services Task Force Draft Recommendations for treatment of obesity are available for review and comment until 3-19-18 at 8:00 p.m. EST.