Premium Assistance

What You Should Know:  The Premium Assistance Program helps MIDAP clients pay their health insurance premiums. For the 2019 year, MIDAP-eligible clients will be able to select any Metal Level Plan (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze) from the Health Insurance Marketplace.

MIDAP will cover the copay/coinsurance for medications on the MIDAP Formulary.

MIDAP will not cover costs for medical expenses. Below is a summary of the cost-sharing breakdown of medical expenses for each metal level.

  • Platinum plans will cover 90 percent of covered medical expenses; clients must cover the remaining 10 percent of expenses.
  • Gold plans will cover 80 percent of covered medical expenses; clients must cover the remaining 20 percent of expenses.
  • Silver plans will cover 70 percent of covered medical expenses; clients must cover the remaining 30 percent of expenses.
  • Bronze plans will cover 60 percent of covered medical expenses; clients must cover the remaining 40 percent of expenses.